CalPortland History: 1891 to Present
CalPortland (CPC) is the oldest continually producing portland cement company west of the Rocky Mountains. It was founded in 1891 with the opening of the Colton, California Plant. Today, Colton is one of three plants owned by CPC. The other two are at Mojave, California and Rillito, Arizona.
From its early years, CPC has remained a leader in the industry through its commitment to quality unsurpassed, technical superiority, and customer service. CPC’s reputation for coordinating product transportation and ensuring on-time delivery is considered by many to be the finest in the industry. Because of this, CPC has been used in some of the largest and most significant construction projects including the Hoover Dam, Los Angeles Aqueduct, Los Angles City Hall, Staples Center, Arizona Capital Building, Safeco Field, and the New Tacoma Narrows Bridge.
Into its second century, CPC has grown into a large diversified company serving ten western states. From the largest producer of sand, gravel and quarry rock in the Pacific Northwest supplying the construction industry in Washington, and Oregon to as far away as British Columbia and Alaska.
Enabled by mergers and acquisitions, CPC has expanded its line to include pre-cast manholes, redi-rock, truss pipe, corrugated pipe and fittings, catch basins, aggregates, building materials, sand, gravel, rock, asphalt, EVERDURE CALTITE, and Arxx(TM) insulated concrete forms. Other materials include road base aggregate, concrete sand processing, specialized backfill material, rip rap for flood control and sustainable building products.
CalPortland’s corporate offices are located at 2025 E. Financial Way, Suite 200, Glendora, CA 91741-4692. The company is governed by a Board of Directors and operates under the leadership of Allen Hamblen, President and Chief Executive Officer.