Community Awards CalPortland Company believes in giving back and building a strong foundation in the many communities we serve.
As early as 1915, the Colton Plant hosted a Get Acquainted Day Barbeque attended by more than 3500 people. The event served to acquaint citizens from throughout Southern California with the company. This important tradition continues today with facilities hosting open houses and employees serving on Chamber Boards and holding membership in service clubs and organizations. We have contributed materials to build local sports complexes and parks, while employees delivered Meals on Wheels, supplied underserved communities with holiday meals and gifts, and regularly provide tours for local schools.
CalPortland is proud of our contributions to local communities and the accolades we’ve received from local organizations, governmental agencies, cities and elected officials. The partnership we foster with the communities in which we work, live and play is an important part of who we are.
A Partial List of Awards
- Numerous proclamations from local, regional, and state elected officials and jurisdictions for community support
- Numerous certificates of participation from local non-profit groups and organizations
- USA Weekend and Points of Light Foundation
- Make A Difference Day
- Loma Linda University Humanitarian Award
- United Way Major Corporate Contributor
- American Red Cross Good Neighbor Award
- California Highway Patrol Donation and Sincere Generosity Recognition
- California State Polytechnic University for Support and Commitment
- League of California Cities Partnership
- Chips for Kids
- Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
- Friends for Life